nanog mailing list archives

Re: KVM over IP suggestions?

From: Jim Mercer <jim () reptiles org>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:25:46 -0400

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 11:15:23AM -0400, Drew Weaver wrote:
            Howdy, I'm looking for a way to give our remote users access
to their servers, perhaps a KVM-IP solution. What we need is support for
multiple users (more than 2), with access control that limits what users
can connect to what ports on the KVM switch, and would allow you BIOS
level access and os-installation type control over the server, would
also be nice if it worked with windows and linux/unix based systems.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

i haven't used it, but you might want to check out:

http://www.realvnc.com/products/KVM-over-IP/

--
[ Jim Mercer        jim () reptiles org         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[          I want to live forever, or die trying.            ]