nanog mailing list archives

Re: Open Proxy list / DR discussion list.

From: Will Yardley <nanog () veggiechinese net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:08:51 -0700

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 08:01:20PM +0100, Alice Stamping wrote:

 - Is anyone maintaing a real-time list of known open web-proxies?  I
run a small network hosting several forum sites, and I want to build
something I can query regularly (say, hourly or daily) that will let
me string something together in perl to build access-lists to throttle
or block them altogether at our border.

There are some dnsbls you could use (cbl, sorbs, opm, etc.). You could
have your code query them, or even try using mod_dnsbl.

If you want to have your own list, you could write something to extract
a list from the dnsbl zone files, assuming you can get AXFR / rsync
access.