nanog mailing list archives

RE: "Cisco gate" and "Meet the Fed" at Defcon....

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () DOMINO ORG>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 14:36:07 +0100

So yes then.

no... not really, not originally, it got morphed into
something different :( So, the ciscogate paranoia, as near as
I saw, got down to: "cisco wont tell people about vulns as
soon as they know about them" (or some version of I don't get
to know fast enough about vulns from a vendor, while we
currently bash on cisco)

With that in mind, the example 2500 above is a cisco box,
running old code because it can't be upgraded to current
code. Cisco is reluctant to tell folks in public about
vulnerabilities without there beig fixes for the problem in
as much running code as possible.

-Chris