nanog mailing list archives

Re: Problems with NS*.worldnic.com

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () mci com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:22:41 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Simon Waters wrote:

Have to say we see no issues here with the worldnic.com nameservers, other
than they appear to be located on the same physical network.

I think people should post queries that fail, including date/time, and full
"dig" output for that query from the server they used, and the version of
recursive nameserver used. Otherwise it is purely speculative guess work to
figure out if it is a DNS delegation issue, or something else (network
congestion?).

I think I suggested similar yesterday as did Mr. Bush.

The worldnic.com and worldnic.net appear to use the YYYYMMDDVV convention for
SOA serial numbers, and so it would appear nothing has changed their end in
terms of zone data for at least five months in terms of zone file settings.

Interesting, I thought the worldnic.com servers were NSI's 'free hosting
for domains you registered through us' servers, which would imply they get
changed 'frequently' no?