nanog mailing list archives

RE: Root DNS servers

From: "Hannigan, Martin" <hannigan () verisign com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:06:42 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog () merit edu [mailto:owner-nanog () merit edu]On Behalf Of
Graeme Clark
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 5:52 PM
To: nanog () merit edu
Subject: RE: Root DNS servers

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 11:16:05AM -0400, Joseph Nuara wrote:

Does anyone know what is currently happening with the root DNS
servers?
I'm currently unable to do A and MX lookups on some
domains while my
service providers DNS server appears to be ok ...

    well, not speaking for the rest of them...
    we seem to be answering every legal/legitimate
    query that we receive.

    why do you think your problem has -anything- to do
    with the root server system?

--bill

------------

I've got a dozen or so domains with NSI, and their story is
they lost 18
servers to 'a crash' earlier today. Apparently all fixed now - things
just need to propagate.

Graeme

graeme clark | leader, network technologies and services |
lavalife inc.
| toronto tel 416 263 6300 x 3658 | fax 416 263 6303

--------------
Hi Bill,

the root is fine.

I would like to know what domains. At least some of them.

[ SNIP ]

Folks, these [this and "new worm?" ] are clearly on-topic
operational posts. If we could up the content on any outage
like assertions, I know a lot of us would appreciate the on
topic post -and- the extra information. Thanks for the early
warning, regardless. After the global sound of coffee mugs
hitting the floor, it only takes us a few minutes to look
into these things. The extra data helps.

Regards,

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan                         (c) 617-388-2663
VeriSign, Inc.                          (w) 703-948-7018