nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yes, I realize it's April Fools Day, but... (was: Cisco to merge with Nabisco)

From: Joe Provo <nanog-post () rsuc gweep net>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 15:02:06 -0500

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 11:45:16AM -0800, Bill Woodcock wrote:

...the "reformed" NANOG list moderation committee seems to suffer
foolishness somewhat more gladly than the old regime.  Could we have a
little more backbone in the moderation, please?  I don't want to be
reading about crackers until this time next year.

I have as much humour as the next guy, but [insert renewed call for
nanog-chat or nanog-social or whatever would keep the chitchat in a
different blasted bucket].  Heck, if this is the general bucket than
can we please have an actual -tech where the non-gibberish belongs?

If randy can tell me how to preemptively configure filter recognition
for 'chitchat', then I'll send him some cookies.  No points for
reactive, since that is the present mode.

Joe

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE