nanog mailing list archives

Community Experiences with the InterNIC Whois Data Problem Reports Sys tem

From: "Fergie (Paul Ferguson)" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 19:04:00 GMT

While I was poking around on the ICANN and GNSO web
sites, I ran across this report which might be of
interest:

Community Experiences with the InterNIC Whois
 Data Problem Reports System

http://www.icann.org/whois/wdprs-report-final-31mar05.htm

"This Report summarizes ICANN's experience with the
operation of the Whois Data Problem Report system (WDPRS)
during a 12-month reporting period that ended 28 February
2005. ICANN developed this system to receive and track
complaints about inaccurate or incomplete Whois data
entries. Individuals who encounter such entries may
notify ICANN by completing an online form, which is
then forwarded to the registrar of record for appropriate
action. The WDPRS is one of the tools that ICANN uses
to improve the accuracy of Whois data. Last year ICANN
streamlined the system to provide for both greater
automation and expanded functionality. The new system
includes all gTLDs; the replaced system addressed .com,
.net and .org only."

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net