nanog mailing list archives

Re: SONET

From: sgorman1 () gmu edu
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:25:42 -0400

Quantitative analysis confirms said anecdote in many places other than the Baltimore tunnel.  It varies widely by city,
some are more resilient than others depending on a variety of factors ranging from geography to zoning ordinances.  We
just finished a comparison between NYC and Charlotte that had some interesting results - sometimes being a flat,
waterless, boring place is a good thing.