nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spam (un)blocking

From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () cybernothing org>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 12:09:34 -0700

On 04/06/05, Adam Jacob Muller <adam () gotlinux us> wrote:

Firstly, what is the best way to remove myself from each of these
blacklists, if there is anything aside from going to each one
individually and saying "i'm not spamming anymore".

        Right now, that's about it -- but many folks only do temporary
        blocking based on recent traffic patterns, so you can also just
        wait a few days and I bet some of the problem will go away.

Second, is there some way to mark my block of addresses is owned by
responsible responsive system administrators.

        If there was, the spammers would be the first to adopt it.

We have tech support on duty 24/7 and abuse complaints are dealt with
in a timely manner, so I am wondering if there is a way to communicate
our willingness to help in the fight against spam.

        http://www.maawg.org/ is probably the best industry group
        focused on these issues right now.

--
J.D. Falk                           As a carpenter bends the seat of a chariot
<jdfalk () cybernothing org>                    I bend this frenzy round my heart.