nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spammers Skirt IP Authentication Attempts

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer () nic fr>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:02:39 +0200

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 01:57:51AM -0700,
 Joe Rhett <jrhett () meer net> wrote
 a message of 19 lines which said:

I'm not sure where "true" diverges from reality in your analysis,
but perhaps you should create one of those mail environments and
test before you put your foot in your mouth again?

Good idea, I plan to install a Fedora this week-end and to learn a bit
about Postfix. Your wide experience will certainly help.

If you think that sendmail or postfix modify the "enveloppe from" when
forwarding, I suggest that you send your big discovery to the IETF
MARID working group, where it may change a lot of things in the
current discussion about Sender-ID :-)