nanog mailing list archives

Re: BBC does IPv6 ;) (Was: large multi-site enterprises and PI

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 21:45:24 +0000

the short version of my rebuttal is: "those are not your bits to
waste."

They are if my ISP assigns them to me.  :-)

        er... not really.  they are the ISPs.

second, let me add, "and it's not your routing table, either."
I have no idea what this means.

        if you have no idea aobut the impact of address
        assignment on routing tables, then you really should
        spend some time implementing routing policies -before-
        you burn cycles telling others about how they should
        run their networks.  no one is stoping you from implementing
        whatever prefix acceptance/forwarding policy you may
        chose to implemenet for -YOUR- customers. it is a -local- effect.
        just stop trying to tell others how to manage their
        routign tables.

--bill