nanog mailing list archives

Re: Tracking the bad guys

From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () cybernothing org>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 22:32:29 -0700

On 05/30/04, Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com> wrote:

Microsoft now employs 100 people with a budget of $10 million dollars (Ok,
if you do the math, the average salary is a bit low if they also have
benefits or any equipment) to track down people attacking Microsoft's
Hotmail service, online fruad, identity theft and spyware.

        Some of us are even on this list.

        (I actually have no idea if I was counted in that 100, but my
        salary is indeed a bit low.)

--
J.D. Falk                                     "be crazy dumbsaint of the mind"
<jdfalk () cybernothing org>                               -- Jack Kerouac