nanog mailing list archives

Re: [Fwd: [alex () yuriev com] Confirmation of your message requested]

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh () outblaze com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 07:20:22 +0530

Stephen J. Wilcox  [3/9/2004 2:35 AM] :

It turns out tha message I forwarded had a "null.eml" attachment
that I did not notice and remove.

I am now being mailbombed by AV software all over the place!

The attachment is rfc822, it has a null name. Looks ok to me.. broken AV?

At least one open source virus scanner has a cookbook config that treats .eml as an "executable attachment" and discards email that has a .eml attachment.

Makes for fun when forwarding an OE generated email using Thunderbird, I've found.

        srs

--
srs (postmaster|suresh)@outblaze.com // gpg : EDEDEFB9
manager, outblaze.com security and antispam operations