nanog mailing list archives

Re: UUNet Offer New Protection Against DDoS

From: James <haesu () towardex com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 04:23:27 -0500

        in our case, we do the following setup:

        1. allow up to /32 within customer's prefix(es)
        2. check for 27552:666 (null comm), if matched, set to null'd nexthop
        3. now match any prefixes that are longer than /22 on 0.0.0.0/1,
           that are longer than /22 on 128.0.0.0/2, that are longer than /24
           on 192.0.0.0/3. if any of these longer prefixes are matched, tag
           them with 27552:31337 (which is our equivalent of no-export).

             If a customer has a legitimate reason to send a /24 within say,
           0.0.0.0/1, then we can always override it by adding a deny rule to
           the matching prefix-list used by the route-map.

        4. finally, add maximum-prefix limit to 500

I'll be more than glad to provide config template if anyone is interested. Also
have ipv6 version of it as well if interested.

-J