nanog mailing list archives

Re: Attn MCI/UUNet - Massive abuse from your network

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () mci com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 23:52:14 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Ben Browning wrote:

At 02:36 PM 6/24/2004, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Ben Browning wrote:

like showing that the spammer was actually sending enough of a volume to
swamp their core routers....

Likewise, I imagine MCI could argue that the damage is to their core
product; namely, the trust of other ISPs and their willingness to exchange
traffic with MCI.

you mean the phone companies we do business with?

whoops, forgot my smilies :(

No, I mean the internet. (Hence, ISPs). Your product, in the context of
this discussion anyways, is access to the internet. When the actions of a

I'm not sure that there are many who are wholesale null routing uunet ip
space, if they do they might be causing their customers unnecessary
outages.

downstream damage that product(IE more and more networks nullroute UUNet
traffic), I would assume that you have appropriate privilege to toss them
overboard in the contracts.