nanog mailing list archives

Re: Attn MCI/UUNet - Massive abuse from your network

From: itojun () itojun org (Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 22:01:27 +0900 (JST)

spamhaus has gotten too agressive.  Its now preventing too much legitimate
email.

Spammers have gotten too agressive. If you don't filter you would not
see any legitimate email.

        a couple of days before my primary email server crashed, so i
        configured a backup machine.  the backup machine does not have spam
        filtering database at first.  i managed to install bogofilter,
        but anyways, it became apparent that i get 50+ Mbytes of spams per day.
        what a waste of electrons!  we need to conserve electrons!!

itojun