nanog mailing list archives

Re: Attn MCI/UUNet - Massive abuse from your network

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () mci com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:28:07 +0000 (GMT)

the ethics office doesn't need to see your complaints, they don't really
deal with these anyway.

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Ben Browning wrote:

At 11:42 AM 6/21/2004, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:
curious, why did you not send this to the abuse@ alias?

I wanted it to get read.

messages to abuse@ do infact get read...

 Did you include
any logs or other relevant data about the problems you are reporting?

These problems are systemic and internet-wide. I can likely drudge up a
great many examples if someone from UUNet can assure me they will be read
and acted on.

the best way to get abuse complaints handled is to infact send them to the
abuse@ alias (or whereever arin/ripe/apnic records point if that is
somewhere other than abuse@) complaints in public forums generally just
make you look kooky.

please back to network operations discussions, thanks.