nanog mailing list archives

Re: real-time DDoS help?

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () mci com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 03:23:06 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, Charles Sprickman wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, Jonathan Slivko wrote:

Maybe if NANOG had irc.nanog.org, maybe that might be something to
consider - a real-time network of communication for network operators
to deal with issues, etc.

I can tell you right off AS8059 doesn't meet the requirements.  I'd gladly
respond to any reports of attacks from them, but I don't think you'd ever
see any.

which of your 2 upstreams isn't helping out? I'm fairly certain both
providers have security groups, and do mitigate attacks for customers on a
regular basis. Perhaps you are not getting in touch with the correct
customer service folks? We often have this issue ;(

Basement multihomers unite.

hurray!