nanog mailing list archives

Re: Points on your Internet driver's license (was RE: Even you can

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () mci com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:05:12 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Paul S. Brown wrote:

On Monday 14 June 2004 21:35, Petri Helenius wrote:
Niels Bakker wrote:
Except that the majority of people may have ended up at such ISPs (note
plural).  Can you afford not to talk to them?

Majority of people living in bad neighborhoods would be news. I´ll take
sides if that happens.

For how long did you stick with just UUCP after SMTP entered the scene?

We actually run UUCP over telnet for quite a while after SMTP happened.

I know of one ISP who, in the spirit of customer service, are still providing
UUCP to two customers now who are still running Wildcat 4.x and Terminus on
OS/2.

I think there might be another which still has 25 or so UUCP customers...

-Chris