nanog mailing list archives

Re: Real-Time Mitigation of Denial of Service Attacks Now Available With AT&T

From: Deepak Jain <deepak () ai net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:57:19 -0400

Here is a great move from one of the biggest NSPs, I'm
sure we will see L3, Sprint, UUNet and others will do
the same soon to gain more customers since DDoS is the
nightmare of the internet now.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040601/nytu051a_1.html

Thanks,

Forgive me for being cynical, but couldn't this just AT&T putting an IDS in their POP (or virtually, in their POP) in front of the Customer connections? We are all talking about huge, all encompassing solutions to DDOS that we'd like to see... But what are the chances of that?

And is AT&T going to ignore customers that aren't subscribers of AT&T Protect -- even though their network "is monitoring & filtering malicious" traffic at its edges?

Deepak Jain
AiNET