nanog mailing list archives

Re: CWDM or DWDM passive add/drop muxes

From: Ben Buxton <bb () cactii net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:04:08 +1000

Jim Devane <jim () powerpulse cc> uttered the following thing:

I have been pretty happy with the MRV box. It is passive and it not
manageable like an ONS etc. It has been rock solid for some time.

www.mrv.com

Specifically, we are using the CWDM EM316PAMULC. The only bad thing I would
say is there is often a several week delay on delivery of ordered parts. But
when they do arrive they work well.

I have to agree. The MRV boxes are quite nice and incredibly simple,
plus they have cheap convertors so you can use them with gear that
doesnt have GBIC/SFP based optics.

Just make sure you have a supplier who can deliver fibre patches with
'MU' type connectors - they're as rare as hens teeth and needed to plug
into the MUX.

--
Ben Buxton - Random Network Person