nanog mailing list archives

Re: VeriSign's rapid DNS updates in .com/.net

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:48:27 -1000

I'm not talking about intended beneficiaries.  I agree with your statement
when applied to intended beneficiaries.  I'm talking about the character
of the preponderance of actual beneficiaries, whether measured by number
of domain registration events per unit time, or number of dollars of income
enabled by the speediness of the "fast update" VeriSign is now announcing.

paying net customers want quick adds/updates/deletes.  verisign's
competitors offer this.  versign will offer this.  get over it.

randy