nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spyware becomes increasingly malicious

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:39:52 -0400

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:52:07 PDT, Alexei Roudnev <alex () relcom net>  said:

O, noo. You click a button 'I agree' which means nothing for 99.99% of
people over the world. Here is a difference. Do not expect people to 'agree'
if you do not enforce them to follow this (and if your system do not violate
'common sense'). Do you saw any idiot who read this licenses (I never seen
any)? It became (many years ago) some kind of ritual, like indian dances
before going to the war.

It's rare that the user actually even TRIES to read the license...

http://www.cypherpunks.ca/dell.html