nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spyware becomes increasingly malicious

From: "Gregh" <chows () ozemail com au>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:37:31 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Warren" <hescominsoon () emmanuelcomputerconsulting com>
To: <nanog () merit edu>
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 10:04 PM
Subject: Re: Spyware becomes increasingly malicious

coolwebsearch has become more and more sneaky..so bad that
development of cws shredder has been abandoned by its
developer....Either serious lock down you ie(which with CWS is
not going to help) or use something other than ie.

Are you honestly serious? I came up against it for the first time only about
3 days ago and I got rid of it in 10 minutes! I can see how it would be a
problem for a newbie but it shouldn't be anything more than 10 minutes work
for anyone here with Windows experience.

Greg.