nanog mailing list archives

Re: Out of office/vacation messages

From: "Rachel K. Warren" <rachel () plur net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 07:21:35 -0800

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 06:58:46PM -0500, Joe Maimon wrote:
Rachel K. Warren wrote:
On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 10:32:23AM -0500, William Allen Simpson wrote:

- run on Windows,
Oops, I see your problem.  No self-respecting network operator runs any
M$W boxen as an MTA, so Templin is an imposter/troll.

Sometimes you have no choice but to run a Windows mail client - it's
called your company forcing you to a standard mailer.  It's not something
I have

It has been noted by other people on NANOG that I am talking about an MUA
instead of an MTA.  That is correct, I got them mixed up by accident, but
my argument still stands, just substitute MTA for MUA.

Might I suggest posting from home on your free time, using a
standardized setup that doesn't annoy others?

What does this have to do with this thread?

For your information, when I read and post to NANOG I actually  do it
from home, using MUTT as an MUA and sendmail as an MTA.

I fail to see why a public forum on a public openly standardized network
needs to tolerate the private policies of individual members that
negatively impact others on the forum.

You want to participate? Play by the rules.

What are you talking about?  You aren't making any sense.

In short, I do not think claiming "My company makes me do it" is a valid
defense.

Frankly, your supposedly argument isn't very valid either.

Thanks-

Rachel

--
All men whilst they are awake are in one common world; but each of them,
when he is asleep, is in a world of his own. - Plutarch