nanog mailing list archives

Re: Impending (mydoom) DOS attack

From: "Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr." <larrysheldon () cox net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:51:33 -0600

Leo Bicknell wrote:

Bruce Perens has said it far better than I ever could at
http://perens.com/SCO/DOS/.  Please read what he has to say.

We (Open Source, ISPs, etc) must, MUST, come to SCO's defense on
this one.  I am doing what I can with my employer to do just that.

I agree both with Mr. Bicknell, and with Mr. Perens for the
reasons given.

I believe further that condemning this attack and doing what we
can to thwart it are simply the right things to do.

Allowing attacks like this to succeed, either directly or indirectly
is far more harmful than allowing SCO to stay online.  We cannot
condone these actions for any reason, the end does not justify the
means in the case of worms.