nanog mailing list archives

Re: Best Common Practice - Listening to local routes from peers?

From: Patrick W.Gilmore <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:16:55 -0500

On Feb 27, 2004, at 1:21 AM, James Edwards wrote:

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 21:22, Michael Smith wrote:
Hello:

We have a customer of a customer who is attempting to send traffic from
IP space we control, through the Internet and back into us via one of
our transit connections.

Gotta ask, Why ? They have a direct connection (few hops) to you and are
trying to go the long way, right ?

Well, there are possible cost considerations.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, if the customer's line to his network drops, should the customer be incapable of getting to content hosted on his network?

--
TTFN,
patrick