nanog mailing list archives

Re: [IP] VeriSign prepares to relaunch "Site Finder" -- calls

From: Jason Nealis <nealis () rcn com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:24:49 -0500

One other item is that some ISP's like us can't do the browser plug in option because
of the "dial-up accelerator" products already embedded to the browser , installing
paxfires technology on top of our accelerator plug in would just chew IE and its tcp stack.

Also they state they only proxy A record lookups thus no mx lookups.  Either way,
it seems scary to me. But I do agree this is a revenue stream that Mickeysoft
is probably making a ton off of.

------
Jason Nealis
RCN (NASDAQ) RCNC
~
~

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 12:09:56PM -0800, Dan Hollis stated