nanog mailing list archives

Re: T1 Customer CPE Replacement?

From: Scott McGrath <mcgrath () fas harvard edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:11:20 -0500 (EST)

Have you tried a softnet depot maintenance agreement.  This entitles you
to IOS upgrades but H/W replacement is some negotiated percentage of list
price.

The other guys _may_ be cheaper in the short run but hardware replacement
is always like having a root canal cant speak for Netopia but I have
dealt with Adtran ended up buying a spare DS3 CSU/DSU because of the
experience.

Cisco has many warts but they do honor their maintenance contracts unlike
some other vendors who I have had the misfortune of dealing with.

                            Scott C. McGrath