nanog mailing list archives

RE: How many backbones here are filtering the makelovenotspam scr eensaver site?

From: "Hannigan, Martin" <hannigan () verisign com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 08:27:38 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog () merit edu [mailto:owner-nanog () merit edu]
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 9:06 PM
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Cc: nanog list
Subject: Re: How many backbones here are filtering the makelovenotspam
screensaver site?

I dont know how many providers are blocking them but at home I have a
cox cable connection and they are blocking them...

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 07:04 +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
I've heard reports of traceroutes through several backbones
timing out
or going !H after a few hops, and I note that the impact
seems to have
been enough for the site's IP to change ..

suresh@frodo 06:56:27 [~]$ dnsip www.makelovenotspam.com
213.115.182.123

suresh@frodo 07:01:16 [~]$ dnsname 213.115.182.123
ua-213-115-182-123.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se

Hosted on a cablemodem?  Tch, tch, how the mighty have fallen

The blocks are widespread.

The reports of hackers are incorrect. The blackholes are what is stopping
them.

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan                         (c) 617-388-2663
VeriSign, Inc.                          (w) 703-948-7018