nanog mailing list archives

RE: 10 GE WAN PHY status?

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () domino org>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:28:02 +0100

Are there other products I missed? Are there XENPAKs already
available which work with main stream switch manufacturers
although they don't sell them themselves so far?

Grateful for any pointers or experiences...

Most of the current optical DWDM systems that operators use
today [i.e. >2 years old] can't do it and its not just a
connector issue.

A lot of new optical systems claim they can do it and
as operators role out next gen DWDM you will see this
product get more widespread deployment, I suspect that
will happen in the next 12 months or so.

Regards,
Neil.