nanog mailing list archives

RE: BGP-based blackholing/hijacking patented in Australia?

From: Henry Linneweh <hrlinneweh () sbcglobal net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 04:41:26 -0700 (PDT)

I do miss the old days of this list, technical growth
and global participation in events was exciting...

-her

--- Alex Bligh <alex () alex org uk> wrote:

--On 14 August 2004 22:23 +0300 Hank Nussbacher
<hank () mail iucc ac il>
wrote:

Predating this is Bellwether (June 2000):

Indeed. In days of "yore", when people developed at
least marginally
non-obvious operational techniques, people sent
email to nanog about it,
explaining the technique and their experience (hence
the NOG bit);
the reception wasn't always positive, but at least
the criticism was
technical. I wonder what the driving factor was for
the change.

Alex