nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP-based blackholing/hijacking patented in Australia?

From: Raymond Dijkxhoorn <raymond () prolocation net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:28:17 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

We have had running code for this since early this year, so depending on the
date they filed, prior art exists well documented. (blueprints obviously
predate running code)

everyone has gone patent crazy, every time a new concept is developed some
company applies for patent. is this the future or rfcs then?

I didnt read the papers, perhaps i should, but as it sounds this is
something for example mail-abuse allready does for years.

http://www.pch.net/documents/tutorials/maps-rbl-bgp-cisco-config-faq.html
http://www.dotcomeon.com/invisible_hand.html

Can anyone point me to some docs of this new project, or does it basicly
do the same thing?

Bye,
Raymond.