nanog mailing list archives

Re: New IPv4 Allocations for APNIC

From: "Kevin Oberman" <oberman () es net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:09:03 -0700

Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:42:52 +0300 (EEST)
From: Pekka Savola <pekkas () netcore fi>

Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:17:23 -0700
From: Steve Conte <conte () iana org>
Sender: owner-nanog () merit edu

Greetings,

This is to inform you that the IANA has allocated the following two (2)
IPv4 /8 blocks to APNIC:

58/8
59/8

For a full list of IANA IPv4 allocations please see:
<http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space>.

While it's certainly nice to have these posted and I really do
appreciate it, is there any chance that they might be signed so we can
authenticate them some day?

Are you asking for IANA to provide the IANA web site using HTTPS to
mitigate HTTP hijacking, DNS spoofing, or whatever?

This would be one way. I'd prefer a PGP signed message, but I know that
the people who use S/MIME would probably object.

It would be too easy to get many people to pull an entry from a filter
with a forged message and have the space used "improperly".
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)