nanog mailing list archives

RE: TCP/BGP vulnerability - easier than you think

From: "Michel Py" <michel () arneill-py sacramento ca us>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:32:07 -0700

Aditya wrote
I sure hope there are no asymmetric paths on the Internet
that will bite you when you turn on strict RPF on your
peering interfaces </sarcasm>
Seriously, if you do turn RPF on on peering interfaces,
please let your peers know (plea from circa 1999)

Ah, I was waiting for someone to say something like this and make my
point, thank you. In the topic I was arguing earlier (about prefix
filtering peers, underlining the fact that imperfect filtering would not
cause traffic loss) it does indeed create asymmetry and prohibits the
use of RPF.

Michel.