nanog mailing list archives

Re: 92 Byte ICMP Blocking Problem

From: jlewis () lewis org
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 23:17:39 -0400 (EDT)

That's really weird.  I've been running with

route-map nachiworm permit 10
 match ip address nachilist
 match length 92 92
 set interface Null0

ip access-list extended nachilist
 permit icmp any any echo
 permit icmp any any echo-reply

ip policy route-map nachiworm

on transit interfaces and the virtual-templates of all our access servers
that can do it properly (just blocking echo/echo-reply on the older ones
that can't do the policy) and haven't heard about any customer complaints
other than "I can't ping" in the places where we've blocked all
echo/echo-reply.  The routers doing this (7200/7500)'s are all running
12.2(1-3)S.  Access servers are running mostly 12.1M or 12.2XB code.