nanog mailing list archives

Re: Annoying dynamic DNS updates (was Re: someone from attbi please contact me ...)

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:07:21 -0700

Micahel,
        I think class action is a less effective approach here.  Micr0$0ft has
vast resources ready to take on any large single lawsuit and make it a very
expensive and resource intensive process for their opposition.  On the other
hand, with a low (around $25 last I looked) filing fee and virtually no other
real costs involved, and, and expidited calendar (usually around 2-6 months
from filing to hearing), the small claims process looks much more attractive
as a method for dealing with this.

        Think about Micr0$0ft trying to fight off thousands or better millions
of small claims cases all over the country.  Even if Micr0$0ft wins every
one, they lose.

Owen