nanog mailing list archives

Re: edge interface bits

From: Haesu <haesu () towardex com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:22:21 -0400

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 04:55:44PM +0300, Petri Helenius wrote:

Does anyone know, either on the east coast US, London, Stockholm,
Copenhagen, Amsterdam or Helsinki transit providers which would allow
edge/handoff interface control to different traffic classes using BGP
communities?
(for example to announce DDoS destinations

Null communities suporting organizations: GBLX,  UUNET, NLAYER, et al
Others who can also do null routing over bgp community, please come forward. One of my customers may be interested in
doing business w/ you ;-)

and/or sources with different
community
which would drop the precedence of those packets to a lower level and
thus de-prioritize
them and allow legitimate traffic to have better performance)

I have not seen any QoS policy propagation over BGP (qppb i think is what they call it?) stuff in provider environment
yet.. I dunno if qppb is even the right thing for this, but I think it is. But then again, considering most providers
don't even support null community, this is like asking too much ;-) And qppb would be something new and it would put
more strain on router as it has to rate limit stuff now..

-hc

--
Haesu C.
TowardEX Technologies, Inc.