nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hotmail Problems

From: Patrick_McAllister () WASHGAS COM
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:22:57 -0400

Yes, but vice versa, I have received e-mails over the last few days that
are literally weeks old....

                      Michael Heitland

                      <noc-manager@702c        To:       nanog () merit edu

                      om.net>                  cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Hotmail Problems

                      owner-nanog@merit

                      .edu

                      10/10/2003 10:11

                      AM

Has anyone seen issues with hotmail receiving emails several days after
they are sent. We are not getting bounces, just long delays in what appears
to be hotmails posting to inboxes.

Some customers have waited 2 days to see an email reach their inbox. We
have tested this from not only our domain but yahoo's webmail service as
well.

--

Regards,
Michael D. Heitland  |  Systems Engineer