nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sitefinder fan - this guy needs a clue.

From: "John Neiberger" <john.neiberger () efirstbank com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 11:52:38 -0600

Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> 10/8/03 10:29:15 AM >>>

On the CNET article that ZDNET seems to have copied lock stock and
barrel,
he did actually identify himself as a Verisign VP in the by line.  As
such,
I think this is ZD's fault, not McLaughlin's.  I don't have any love
lost
for Verisign, but, I think we need to be very careful to stick to
criticisms
that can stick to them.  Otherwise, they will divert attention to our
false
claims and use them to prove that we are the net.kooks they are trying
make us out to be.

Owen

ZDNet has fixed the attribution on their article. They now mention
before and after the article that McLaughlin is a Verisign VP.

John