nanog mailing list archives

Re: Security v. Privacy (was Re: Is there anything that actually gets users to fix their computers?)

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 22:50:58 -0400

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 02:43:48 -0000, Suresh Ramasubramanian said:

Matthew Sullivan [06/10/03 11:38 +1000]:
Third time their account is deleted.

I am yet to have one that has reached the third time - 85k users here.

Let me guess - that'd mostly be dialup users, right?  Or maybe simply email
users?  Not (say) T1 and larger users?

If it is mostly dialup users, it's all the more remarkable, as "conventional
wisdom" has home users as being even less security-clued than the SOHO crowd or
corporate sites...