nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internet privacy

From: "Martin J. Levy" <mahtin () mahtin com>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 20:05:31 -0700

Owen,

       I know it's short notice, but, can we try and get someone from
ICANN to explain at Chicago why they haven't pulled Verisign's contracts
for malfeasance?  Further, can we get someone from Verisign to explain
how Verisign plans to correct these actions and stop taking unilateral
destructive actions with the public trust?

       This has real operational impact, and, it certainly needs more
coordination that Verisign has so far been willing to apply.

I'm happy to see Verisign's actions on the Chicago NANOG agenda...

  http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0310/dns.html

But (alas) I don't see any ICANN names on the list...

  http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0310/attendee.list.html

Keep in mind that NANOG is a "North America..." entity and what your addressing here is a global issue. :-)

Martin