nanog mailing list archives

Re: [arin-announce] IPv4 Address Space (fwd)

From: Scott McGrath <mcgrath () fas harvard edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:22:50 -0500 (EST)

That was _exactly_ the point I was attempting to make.  If you recall
there was a case recently where a subcontractor at a power generation
facility linked their system to an isolated network which gave
unintentional global access to the isolated network.  a NAT at the
subcontrator's interface would have prevented this.

                            Scott C. McGrath