nanog mailing list archives

Re: [arin-announce] IPv4 Address Space (fwd)

From: Stefan Mink <mink () schlund net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:06:37 +0100

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 01:17:26PM -0800, william () elan net wrote:
Does anybody honestly think companies will commit the capex needed to
implement IPv6?
Not without additional benefits. We need either applications that are
working a lot better at ipv6 or we may yet have to see ipv4 space ran out
before it becomes clear to everybody that ipv6 is a must.

imagine a network without NAT. I stopped counting applications
that are struggling/breaking with NAT...

But many people still believe rfc1918 and NAT are a cool thing
because they just got used to it...

   tschuess
             Stefan
--
Stefan Mink, Schlund+Partner AG (AS 8560)
Primary key fingerprint: 389E 5DC9 751F A6EB B974  DC3F 7A1B CF62 F0D4 D2BA