nanog mailing list archives

Re[4]: data request on Sitefinder

From: Richard Welty <rwelty () averillpark net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 20:38:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 20:06:50 -0400 "Howard C. Berkowitz" <hcb () gettcomm com> wrote:
I would suggest, however, that the number of people that do read
these lists run mail servers with more end users than the small
system administrators that do not.

true, but this can be interpreted as "they're small and clueless, so
screw 'em", a position which i find unattractive.

The absence of a list such as I've described, the difficulty of
creating of which you point out, makes it more unlikely to me that an
organization can really assess the effects of unilateral design
changes, especially when that assessment is shrouded in commercial
secrecy.

agreed.

richard
  ("nine out of ten experts hand selected by Verisign agree...")
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty () averillpark net