nanog mailing list archives

Re: the gauntlet is thrown

From: Ido Dubrawsky <idubraws () cisco com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 14:48:05 -0400

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 11:48:42AM -0400, Sean Donelan wrote:

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 bmanning () karoshi com wrote:
http://www.icann.org/correspondence/twomey-to-lewis-03oct03.htm

    This is a return volly. The service in this match was three
    weeks ago.

While any reasonable person would know what ICANN asked Verisign to do,
any prediction whether Verisign will adopt a passive-agressive posture
and inteprete the letter in a way to cause maximum disruption to all
users of the Internet and then blame ICANN?

ICANN told us to roll back the .COM/.NET zones to September 15 and stop
making changes; so we deleted all domain names registered after September
15 and undid all changes.

Doubtful...they would have to refund money to those who registered or renewed
after September 15th...that would mean having to open their wallets... ;-)

Ido
--
                        | Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP   E-mail: idubraws () cisco com
     |          |       | Network Security Architect
    :|:        :|:      | VSEC Technical Marketing, SAFE Architecture Team
   :|||:      :|||:     | Cisco Systems, Inc.
.:|||||||:..:|||||||:.  | Silver Spring, MD. 20902