nanog mailing list archives

Re: TAT 14 failure

From: garrett.allen () comcast net
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:26:02 +0000

clarifying the last post, seeing 100ms under the pond to our points of presence in bourne end and beeston (uk).

thanks.

I saw that link when I googled for TAT-14.  I was looking more for a "see, I
told you so" link that I can forward to management that provides proof that
this is why our UK office is down...if you know what I mean.

Here's an interesting explanation of undersea cabling:
http://davidw.home.cern.ch/davidw/public/SubCables.html

-Jack

--- Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net> wrote:

    This is a basic map of the fiber path for those
that haven't found one yet.

    http://www.kddiscs.co.jp/e/business/02_15.html

    - jared