nanog mailing list archives

Re: how to fix bad referral in pir.org whois?

From: william () elan net
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:47:32 -0800 (PST)

I have four .org domains that I transferred from gandi to godaddy a couple
of months ago.  However, the pir.org whois still lists whois.gandi.net
as the referral whois.  For example:

        Domain ID:             D46124408-LROR
        Domain Name:           HTCP.ORG
        Created On:            05-Dec-2000 03:30:16 UTC
        Last Updated On:       08-Sep-2003 21:28:55 UTC
        Expiration Date:       05-Dec-2004 03:30:16 UTC
        Sponsoring Registrar:  Go Daddy Software, Inc. (R91-LROR)
        Registrant Name:       SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
        Registrant Street1:    Whois Server:whois.gandi.net
        Registrant Street2:    Referral URL:http://www.gandi.net
        Admin Name:            SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
        Billing Name:          SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
        Tech Name:             SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
        Name Server:           NS.PACKET-PUSHERS.COM
        Name Server:           NS2.PACKET-PUSHERS.COM

The sponsoring registrar (godaddy) is responsible for fixing it, in fact
they are suppososed to reenter your information to be listed directly at
PIR whois (instead of as referral to their own whois) upon the transfer.
They are likely waiting to do it in bulk for multiple domains, but you can
insist they do it ASAP for your domain, send email to their support.

---
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william () elan net