nanog mailing list archives

Re: The Internet's Immune System

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:29:58 -0500

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:56:50 EST, Jamie Reid <Jamie.Reid () mbs gov on ca>  said:
It would be useful if these sites allowed you to query them with CIDR ranges
to see if your site had originated any traffic that triggered their sensor
array

I've always wondered how to do this securely in an ad-hoc manner.

The guys at MAPS send me a report once a week of stuff that's in my
netblocks, but that involved contacting them and presumably at least
some verification that I was affiliated with the netblocks.

How do you prevent Joe Scriptkid from asking it "what vulnerable machines
are coming out of ASrandom"?