nanog mailing list archives

Re: This may be stupid but..

From: "Peter Galbavy" <peter.galbavy () knowtion net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:39:42 -0000

Michael.Dillon () radianz com wrote:
It's the same reason that I like to ask candidates to tell a story
about some past event and how they, personally, dealt with it. If a
candidate has had real personal experience of something then they will
be able to tell me a story filled with detail. On the other hand, you
sometimes get people who can only say "we" did this and "we" did that
which leads you to believe that maybe the person was the NOC janitor
or something.

Also an excellent way of checking if your candidate cares about past
employers confidentiality. That is if you want to see someone bad-mouth a
previous company.

Peter